We have extensive experience of developing and delivering Community Energy schemes and delivering training to support the sector.
We are both directors of our local community renewable organisations, MORE Renewables and Pennine Community Power and newly formed Community Energy North.
We can provide support to existing and new community energy organisations and to landowners or site owners interested in partnering with community energy organisations including:
- Project identification and feasibility studies (technical, financial and organisational feasibility)
- Governance support for the appropriate legal structure for a project, including Community Benefit Societies.
- Financial modelling and support in identifying funding and project finance.
- Project delivery support including project management, mentoring, liaison with stakeholders (including DNO, installers, communities), leases, power purchase agreements and share offer and launch.
- Innovation projects to explore and develop new business models.
Louise joined disruption doctor, speaker and diversity activist Samantha Moyo in the studio with broadcaster Elizabeth Alker. Part of a series of podcasts made by Co-operatives UK, we explore climate change, diversity and community energy. Louise discusses putting communities at the heart the net zero transition. “I enjoyed this recording, which was done in late […]
Quantum has been bringing Service Design support to the People Powered Retrofit Project, a partnership led by Carbon Co-op and Urbed to tackle the challenges of household energy efficiency and build a local retrofit market in Greater Manchester. People Powered Retrofit tackles many of the key barriers that home owners face in commissioning work, including […]
We held a successful event to equip building owners and developers with the information needed to understand the benefits of community energy, identify whether there are opportunities for community energy on their estate and how to develop successful partnerships with community energy organisations. It was fascinating to hear from Bev and Mark, both leading large […]