We have extensive experience of developing and delivering Community Energy schemes and delivering training to support the sector.
We are both directors of our local community renewable organisations, MORE Renewables and Pennine Community Power and newly formed Community Energy North.
We can provide support to existing and new community energy organisations and to landowners or site owners interested in partnering with community energy organisations including:
- Project identification and feasibility studies (technical, financial and organisational feasibility)
- Governance support for the appropriate legal structure for a project, including Community Benefit Societies.
- Financial modelling and support in identifying funding and project finance.
- Project delivery support including project management, mentoring, liaison with stakeholders (including DNO, installers, communities), leases, power purchase agreements and share offer and launch.
- Innovation projects to explore and develop new business models.
Identifying options, investigating sites (ownership, planning, technical capacity & output, grid connection, off-site PPA) and project planning for Wirral Community Renewables. This involved assessing a long list of 20 sites to reach a plan to progress with 1-2 confirmed viable projects. UCEF funded 2017-18.
Quantum project managed a multi-partner PV project on behalf of CCE including share offer and PPA negotiations, detailed design, site access and safety arrangements, lease negotiations, project delivery and FITs registration. Delivered in September 2016.
Development of a plan to install a renewable energy based low temperature district heat network and integrated private wire supply for new homes in Burneside, owned and operated by Burneside Community Energy. Applying for social finance to deliver this £4m+ scheme. Ongoing management of the next phase of the project: detailed design and financial […]