Do you want to be resilient to climate risks?
Do your policies promote sustainability and reduce carbon emissions effectively?
Do you need to deliver on your climate change strategy?
We can help you with:
- Climate Change – adaptation and resilience for organisations, businesses and communities
- Climate Change mitigation – we can help you understand how to deliver in reality on your climate change strategies on a project by project basis, we can help you measure and report
- Sustainable procurement – how do you reduce emissions and environmental impacts through procurement, whilst delivering local jobs?
- Energy – energy efficiency, renewable energy, heat networks, carbon reduction, behaviour change, energy switching schemes
- Policy development – developing planning policies, economic development policies and programmes that tackle climate change, promote wider sustainability benefits such as improved health & wellbeing, green infrastructure, biodiversity, tourism and local food…
We have supported many organisations in developing climate change and sustainability strategies and action plans; energy plans and low carbon planning policies. Our work has informed organisations developing policies to promote low carbon economic development and the skills and networks needed to support these. We’ve helped identify climate risks that affect both business and the public sector – helping them to act now to save future costs, disruption and dangers.
Our Rural Net Zero report for UK100’s Countryside Climate Network outlines the vital role rural areas have in delivering the national Net Zero target. Based on research and interviews we have outlined the key challenges and opportunities rural areas have in reaching and going beyond Net Zero. Retrofitting homes and decarbonising heat in urban areas […]
The Powershift report for UK100 examines the powers local authorities have to tackle climate change in England. We carried out interviews with local authorities and stakeholders coupled with extensive research into the duties, powers and policies that relate to climate action. This confirmed that the current situation is not effective or efficient to drive local […]
Louise’s contract with the Climate Change Committee has now finished, and her report Local Authorities and the Sixth Carbon Budget was published alongside the Sixth Carbon Budget in December 2020. This shows that the UK Government and local authorities share a common goal to deliver Net Zero. But that it can only be achieved if […]