Do you want to be resilient to climate risks?
Do your policies promote sustainability and reduce carbon emissions effectively?
Do you need to deliver on your climate change strategy?
We can help you with:
- Climate Change – adaptation and resilience for organisations, businesses and communities
- Climate Change mitigation – we can help you understand how to deliver in reality on your climate change strategies on a project by project basis, we can help you measure and report
- Sustainable procurement – how do you reduce emissions and environmental impacts through procurement, whilst delivering local jobs?
- Energy – energy efficiency, renewable energy, heat networks, carbon reduction, behaviour change, energy switching schemes
- Policy development – developing planning policies, economic development policies and programmes that tackle climate change, promote wider sustainability benefits such as improved health & wellbeing, green infrastructure, biodiversity, tourism and local food…
We have supported many organisations in developing climate change and sustainability strategies and action plans; energy plans and low carbon planning policies. Our work has informed organisations developing policies to promote low carbon economic development and the skills and networks needed to support these. We’ve helped identify climate risks that affect both business and the public sector – helping them to act now to save future costs, disruption and dangers.
Quantum has been bringing Service Design support to the People Powered Retrofit Project, a partnership led by Carbon Co-op and Urbed to tackle the challenges of household energy efficiency and build a local retrofit market in Greater Manchester. People Powered Retrofit tackles many of the key barriers that home owners face in commissioning work, including […]
“Quantum has helped to frame the discussions we need to move our zero carbon programme forward, and has provided some great insight into areas that may provide solutions to some of our challenges. ” Emma Gardener, Head of Environmental Sustainability In July 2019 The University of Manchester commissioned Quantum devise and facilitate a workshop on […]
We held a successful event to equip building owners and developers with the information needed to understand the benefits of community energy, identify whether there are opportunities for community energy on their estate and how to develop successful partnerships with community energy organisations. It was fascinating to hear from Bev and Mark, both leading large […]