Do you want to be resilient to climate risks?
Do your policies promote sustainability and reduce carbon emissions effectively?
Do you need to deliver on your climate change strategy?
We can help you with:
- Climate Change – adaptation and resilience for organisations, businesses and communities
- Climate Change mitigation – we can help you understand how to deliver in reality on your climate change strategies on a project by project basis, we can help you measure and report
- Sustainable procurement – how do you reduce emissions and environmental impacts through procurement, whilst delivering local jobs?
- Energy – energy efficiency, renewable energy, heat networks, carbon reduction, behaviour change, energy switching schemes
- Policy development – developing planning policies, economic development policies and programmes that tackle climate change, promote wider sustainability benefits such as improved health & wellbeing, green infrastructure, biodiversity, tourism and local food…
We have supported many organisations in developing climate change and sustainability strategies and action plans; energy plans and low carbon planning policies. Our work has informed organisations developing policies to promote low carbon economic development and the skills and networks needed to support these. We’ve helped identify climate risks that affect both business and the public sector – helping them to act now to save future costs, disruption and dangers.
Quantum developed a resource pack to help Local Authorities to tackle climate change adaptation. It was developed over the last 6 months of 2010 in conjunction with 5 North West local authorities, whose experiences are shared to assist others. The pack provides information on how to conduct inclusive risk assessment workshops to incorporate climate risks […]
The effects of climate change are already being felt in Cheshire & Warrington through an increase in frequency of severe weather events such as intense rainfall, high winds and prolonged periods of ice and snow. At the same time such events also present opportunities for local companies to develop products and systems to combat the […]
We sourced and researched case studies to illustrate the importance of climate adaptation for transport infrastructure for Climate UK’s report Creating and Managing Resilient Local Highways outlining how local authorities are planning for extreme weather and flooding in maintaining and investing in their transport infrastructure, and how they are involving the local community.